Maizy and
Sundance (Sundance is the one that looks like he could eat her)


Hey friends! My family recently welcomed into the home a new puppy and so I thought I would share her with you. At first,
Sundance did not know what to think of her and so employed the aloof tactic,
basically ignoring her and refusing to acknowledge her existence. However, he seems to have resigned himself to the fact that she is not leaving and has decided to make the best out of the situation. So now the two are friends. We decided to name her
Maizy, and by "we" I mean my dad. For about one day we called her
Nala. However, my dad apparently can't remember
Nala and kept calling her Nola. He complained it was too hard to say and made an
administrative decision to change it to
Maizy. I ask myself, a.) has he never seen Lion King, and b.) how is
Maizy any easier to remember? Well, for those of you who like the movie
Uncle Buck you may remember that
Maizy was the name of the little girl. I prefer to associate it with the fact that she looks like the color of a maize (or corn) field. This naming
debacle, I am forced to think, is what happens when I am not at home to supervise things. I left Sunday evening to drive back to school and her name was
Nala. I
receive an e-mail Monday night saying the name has been changed due to extenuating circumstances. However, I am forced to remember that I named
Sundance and no one liked it at first and now it is generally recognized as the best and most appropriate name ever. So, I can only hope that
Maizy turns out to be an equally good choice.
Absolutely adorable!
ReplyDelete